ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 2F REGULAR MONTHLY PUBLIC
MEETING Wednesday, July 6, 2011 – 7:00 PM
WASHINGTON PLAZA HOTEL – 10 THOMAS CIRCLE, NW
Call to Order – 7:00
Commissioner Announcements – 7:00
Report from Executive Office of the Mayor – 7:00
Report from Office of Jack Evans, City Council Member, Ward 2-0 – 7:00
PSA 307 Report – Metropolitan Police Department, 3D – 7:10
DDOT Report – Ward 2 Transportation Planner – 7:25
Community Announcements – 7:30
-10 Minute Recess-
Approval of Agenda – 7:40
- Approval of Minutes of Meeting of June 1, 2011 – 7:40
DCHSEMA/Street Closures – 7:50
- 14th Annual Leukemia & Lymphoma Light the Night Walk
- DC Road Runners and DVLEAP
ABRA – 8:00
- Tortilla Coast Street, 1454 P Street NW- New License Petition Date: 7/11/11 Hearing Date: 7/25/11
DDOT – 8:15
- Studio Theatre- Pole Banners
Crime and Public Safety Committee (Bryan Goodman) – 8:20
Arts Overlay Committee (Andrea Doughty) – 8:25
Community Development Committee (Mike Benardo, Chair) – 8:30
- 1211 10th Street, NW Condo Conversion
- 1427 Rhode Island Ave- Variance Relief
- Pepco O Street Substation Traffic Control Plan
- 1309 Q Street- two unit condo conversion
Arts Overlay Committee – 8:40
New Business – 8:45
- Department of Housing and Community Development’s proposed funding of 1417 N Street Northwest DC Tenants Association (A.K.A. Norwood Tenants Association)
Treasurer’s Report (Sam Goekjian, Treasurer) – 8:55
Adjournment – 9:00
NOTICE: The agenda attached to this notice of meeting is provided by ANC 2F in advance of its public meetings contains matters that are expected to come before the meeting. It is, however, subject to formal adoption by the ANC at the meeting, which may result in additions or deletions to the draft. Individuals who may have official business before the ANC or persons with interests in specific matters are advised to contact the Executive Director or a Commissioner in advance of the meeting. See www.ANC2F.org for contact information.
ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 2F
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING
Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 7:00 PM
The Washington Plaza Hotel
# 10 Thomas Circle, NW
- Meeting Agenda
- Approval of Agenda
- Application for Variance Relief for 1427 Rhode Island Ave., NW (Sq. 210, Lots 27 & 28) – Presentation by Abdo Development, LLC
- Pepco O Street Substation Traffic Control Plan – Presentation by Pepco
- 1309 Q Street, NW — Conversion into a two-unit condominium
Councilmember Jack Evans and Acting Chancellor Kaya Henderson will be holding a Ward 2 “State of the Schools” event on Tuesday, June 7, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Garrison Elementary School.
According to the organizers, “The purpose of this event is to strengthen partnerships between DCPS, our families and our community, by opening lines of communication to discuss new strategies for helping children achieve success.”
The event will include a schools expo and discussions with principals and PTA leaders.
ANC 2F has made education a higher priority in recent months
See the full invitation here, in PDF form.
What is your role in school reform?
Ward 2 State of the Schools Event
Tuesday, June 7 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
@ Garrison Elementary School
Ward 2 Residents,
Take the first step in working to improve your neighborhood schools by joining Councilmember Jack Evans and Acting Chancellor Kaya Henderson at the Ward 2 State of the Schools event. The purpose of this event is to strengthen partnerships between DCPS, our families and our community, by opening lines of communication to discuss new strategies for helping children achieve success.
Participate in the Ward 2 school expo where you will have the opportunity to speak directly with Ward 2 principals and learn more about your neighborhood schools.
Additionally, we are inviting you to share your ideas on how to improve Ward 2 schools through roundtable discussions with DCPS Leadership in the areas of:
- • Academic Standards and Rigor
- • Extracurricular Activities and Programming
- • School Culture and Classroom Management
The Ward 2 State of the Schools meeting will take place on Tuesday, June 7th from 5:30pm to 8:30pm at Garrison Elementary School, located at 1200 S Street, NW.
Refreshments will be served during this event and free childcare service will be provided. Additionally, Spanish interpreters will be on hand.
For more information, contact Bryant Sewell at 202-719-6614.