The following is a summary of official actions* taken by the ANC 2F Community Development Committee (CDC) at its February 25, 2015 meeting, as well as other agenda items that came before the Committee but which did not result in or require a vote.
- The CDC voted unanimously (12-0) to recommend that the full ANC recommend HPRB concept, design, and massing approval for the proposed project at 920 N St, NW (Blagden Alley), with the prevision that the Developer work with HPO staff to select a different brick color that is more compatible with the colors of the existing buildings in Blagden Alley.
- The CDC voted unanimously (12-0) to recommend that the full ANC send a letter to the DDOT Public Space Committee in support of the public space application to maintain an existing curb cut at 1427-1429 Rhode Island Ave., NW. The Applicant explained that acquisition of the smaller of the two lots triggered a procedural need to obtain a public space permit.
- The CDC voted unanimously (13-0) to recommend that the full ANC send a letter to the DDOT Public Space Committee in support of the public space application for a sidewalk cafe at 1333 14th St, NW (Slipstream Café). The Applicant assured the Committee that there would be no permanent fixtures in the sidewalk café area, and that the space occupied would not extend out as far as that of neighboring Birch & Barley.
- The CDC voted unanimously (13-0) to recommend that the full ANC send a letter to the DDOT Public Space Committee in support of the public space application for a sidewalk cafe at 1337 11th St, NW, contingent upon permitted use of a reduced area from that initially requested by the Applicant, such that the paved space of the permitted area not extend further east than the back wall of the three story part of the structure (not including the porch addition), and that the remaining portion of the space up to the alleyway be permeable green space. An earlier motion for full support of the Applicant’s initial request failed by a vote of 6-7.
- The CDC voted unanimously (13-0) to recommend that the full ANC recommend BZA approval for the variance requests (lot occupancy; minimum side yard setback; and non-conforming structure) needed to allow for a third story addition to the residence at 1413 Q St, NW. The addition in question will not change the footprint of the home, and the addition height will be in line with existing structures on the block.
*All actions taken by the CDC will be presented at the March 4, 2015 ANC 2F regular monthly public meeting for consideration and a final vote by the full Commission. Please note that this meeting summary is provided as a courtesy for individuals who were not able to attend the CDC meeting. The information contained here within is not an exhaustive summary nor does it constitute official meeting minutes. The above information may not be referenced in any official business matter related to the Commission. Please see the “Minutes” page of the ANC 2F blog for official meeting business.