By now you’re undoubtedly aware that the Pope will be here in DC Sept. 22-24. To help residents and visitors navigate the District on those days, the DC Government has set up an official Web site to be THE authoritative source on event information.
The Web site is http://pope.dc.gov (yes, it’s for real). You can find out the schedule of events, street closures, and parking restrictions so you can either follow the goings-on, or completely avoid them as the case may be.
There is even an all-in-one map of closures, alternate routes, parade routes, and parking restrictions:
Please be aware that while our ANC will not directly experience any (planned) street closures, we will have the following parking restrictions beginning 12 a.m. Tuesday, September 22 that will be in effect until 6 p.m. Thursday, September 24:
- O Street NW (South side) between 12th and 11th Streets NW
- 12th Street NW (East side) between O and N Streets NW
- 11th Street NW (West side) between O and N Streets NW
- L Street NW (South side) between 9th and 10th Streets NW
- 10th Street NW (East and West side) between L Street NW and Massachusetts Avenue NW
- L Street NW (South side) between 12th and 11th Streets NW
- 12th Street NW (East side) between L and K Streets NW
- 11th Street NW (East and West sides) between L and K Streets NW