Summary of CDC Actions
January 28, 2016
The following is a summary of official actions* taken by the ANC 2F Community Development Committee (CDC) at its January 28, 2016 meeting, as well as other agenda items that came before the Committee but which did not require a vote.
- The CDC voted (5-2-2) to postpone historic review of the concept, mass, and design of a third floor addition to an existing residence at 1334 Riggs St, NW until after conclusion of the Zoning review that will need to occur as a result of the proposed addition.
- The CDC voted (6-1-2) to recommend that the Commission support the DDOT public space application for a sidewalk café at The Bird, a restaurant set to open later this year at 1337 11th St, NW. The Committee’s support was contingent on a fifty-seat café limit; agreement by the Applicant to maintain green space on the east side of the sidewalk instead of brick; and agreement by the Applicant to install bollards or other similar structures to prevent cars from parking in the public space.
- The CDC voted (8-0-1) to recommend that the Commission consider the following aspects of the Planned Unit Development (PUD) at 1126 9th St, NW as priorities in ongoing discussions and negotiations with the Applicant: 1) enhancement of the proposed parking arrangement; 2) demonstrable and widespread community benefit; 3) continued discussions between the Applicant and community beyond the just residents at the Whittman condominium; 4) involvement of Councilmember Evans’ office in DDOT’s role in the PUD; 5) an increase in the number of inclusionary zoning (IZ) units at the 50% area median income (AMI) level. Related to the Committee’s vote, Commission Kevin Deeley, CDC Chair, plans to write a letter to DDOT asking the agency to reconsider allowed usage of the curb cut in order to increase parking spaces.
- The CDC voted unanimously (7-0) to send a letter to the Historic Preservation Office with requested design changes for the proposed development at 1001 O St, NW. The Committee’s comments related to fulfillment of numerous design improvements mandated by the Historic Preservation Review Board as part of the HPRB’s approval of the project.
- The CDC voted unanimously (7-0) to recommend that the Commission request that DDOT extend Residential Parking Permit hours from an 8:30pm end time to 10:30pm.
Other Agenda Items:
*All actions taken by the CDC will be presented at the February 3, 2016 ANC 2F regular monthly public meeting for consideration and a final vote by the full Commission. Please note that this meeting summary is provided by ANC 2F as a courtesy for individuals who were not able to attend the CDC meeting. The information contained here within is not an exhaustive summary nor does it constitute official meeting minutes. The above information may not be referenced in any official business matter related to the Commission. Please see the “Minutes” page of the ANC 2F blog for official meeting business.