The following are excerpts from a notice issued by the D.C. Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration (ABRA) earlier today. View the full release here.
- More than half of all District ABC licenses (including 65 renewals in ANC 2F) are due for renewal in the first half of 2016.
- Alcoholic beverage licenses are required to be renewed every three years with all licenses of the same type expiring on the same date.
- All alcohol-licensed restaurants, hotels, theaters, museums, trains, boats, clubs and caterers in the District must submit renewal paperwork by March 31.
- In an effort to make the renewal process more convenient for licensees, ABRA will be providing additional office hours on Saturdays during the month of March for renewals to be completed.
- License renewal paperwork can be filed any time before March 31 during the following hours: 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday; and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, March 5, 12, 19 and 26.
- Renewals may only be done in person at ABRA’s office, which is located at: 2000 14th St., NW, 4th Floor, Suite 400 South, Washington DC 20009.
- The next sets of licenses requiring renewal will be all taverns and nightclubs, which will be due by Friday, Sept. 30.
- Licensees that have questions can contact ABRA by emailing or calling (202) 442-4423.