ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 2F
REGULAR MONTHLY PUBLIC MEETING
Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 6:30 PM*
Washington Plaza Hotel (10 Thomas Circle, NW)
*Please note that this meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m.—half an hour earlier than the usual 7:00 p.m. start time for regular monthly public meetings—in order to provide for a community discussion on recent gun violence led by Councilmember Jack Evans (Ward 2).
Call to order at 6:30 p.m.
Special Session: Community Discussion on Recent Gun Violence, 6:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Community discussion on recent gun violence led by Councilmember Jack Evans (Ward 2)
- Report from Police Chief Cathy Lanier, and Third District Commander Jacob Kishter
Regular Monthly Forum, 7:00 p.m.
- Commissioner Announcements
- Report from Executive Office of the Mayor
- Report from Office of Jack Evans, City Councilmember, Ward 2
- Special announcement from Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning & Economic Development: revitalization of historic Franklin School
- Community Announcements
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes for September 9, 2013 Regular Monthly Public Meeting
ABRA (John Fanning, Chair)
- 920 14th St, NW (Park Place), petition to terminate current Settlement Agreement
- 1333 14th street, NW (Glass House Coffee, LLC), ABRA #93244 application for class CT-02 license
- 1209 – 1213 10th Street, NW / Blagden Alley (the American), ABRA #09276 request for operation of hours
Community Development Committee (Walt Cain, Chair)
- 1101 Rhode Island Ave, NW, BZA request for area variance and special exception
- 1628 11th Street, NW, BZA Case #18660, request for parking variance, side yard variance, area variance, and special exception for roof structure
- 1601 14th St, NW (Le Diplomate restaurant), DDOT Public Space committee, request for temporary/seasonal enclosure
Crime and Public Safety Committee (Chris Linn, Chair)
- Fall Crime Awareness and Prevention event on Oct. 19, 2013
Education Committee (Matt Connolly and Evelyn Boyd Simmons, Co-Chairs)
- 1628-1632 11th Street, NW, BZA Case #18660, request for area variance and special exception
- 1209-1213 10th St, NW / Blagden Alley (The American), petition for hours of operation
- 1333 14th Street, NW (Glass House Coffee), ABRA application for a license under the D.C. Alcoholic Beverage Control Act
- 1336 14th Street, NW (Ghana Café), protest of entertainment endorsement
- Appointment of David Feinstein to Community Development Committee
- Approval of Expenditures
NOTICE: This agenda provided by ANC 2F in advance of its public meetings contains matters that are expected to come before the Committee. It is, however, subject to formal adoption by the Committee at the meeting, which may result in additions or deletions to the draft. Individuals who may have official business before the Committee or persons with interests in specific matters are advised to contact the Executive Director or a Commissioner in advance of the meeting. See www.ANC2F.org for contact information.