The following is a summary of official actions* taken by the ANC 2F Community Development Committee (CDC) at its March 22, 2016 meeting, as well as other agenda items that came before the Committee but which did not require a vote. Visit the CDC Committee page of this website to see copies of the presentation packets for the items below.
- The CDC voted (8-0-2) to recommend that the Commission send a letter to HPRB in support of the historic concept and massing for the rear and roof addition at 1534 14th St, NW, as show in the Applicant’s drawings.
- The CDC voted (9-0-1) to request the Commission’s endorsement of the Committee’s plan to explore both the process and procedural implications of further defining the historic district guidelines for ANC 2F, with Committee members Helen Kramer and Commissioner Kevin Sylvester leading the exploratory effort.
- The CDC voted (8-2) to recommend that the Commission contact the appropriate agency(ies) (WMATA and/or DDOT) and request removal of the bus stop shelter at 1336 14th St, NW. A representative for Jinya Ramen (the restaurant slated to open at the indicated address) brought the neighbor-supported request before the Committee with a desire to curtail ongoing litter problems and misuse of the shelter.
- The CDC voted (7-0-2) to request additional information from DDOT about the proposed Eastern Downtown Protected Bike Lane in order to better understand the potential impact of the bike lane on travel routes within ANC 2F, and thereafter determine if action on ANC 2F’s part is needed.
- The CDC voted (5-1-3) to recommend that the Commission send a letter to the Historic Preservation Office in support of the final design plans and concept of a one-story addition atop a commercial garage at 1317 Naylor Ct, NW, as presented by the Applicant.
- The CDC voted unanimously (9-0) to recommend that the Commission support the Planned Unit Development (PUD) proposal for 1126 9th St, NW, including the zoning variance requests sought and the community benefits package offered by the Applicant.
- The CDC voted unanimously (9-0) to recommend that the Commission send a letter to the Historic Preservation office with additional requested design changes to the proposed development at 1001 O St, NW, commenting in detail on the Applicant’s insufficient response to the concerns previously enumerated by ANC 2F, and providing recommendations for the types of improvements that will make the building more compatible with the historic character of the neighborhood.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS:
*All actions taken by the CDC will be presented at the April 6, 2016 ANC 2F regular monthly public meeting for consideration and a final vote by the full Commission. Please note that this meeting summary is provided by ANC 2F as a courtesy for individuals who were not able to attend the CDC meeting. The information contained here within is not an exhaustive summary nor does it constitute official meeting minutes. The above information may not be referenced in any official business matter related to the Commission. Please see the “Minutes” page of the ANC 2F blog for official meeting business.